Open topic with navigation
Environmental & Risk Management / Emergency Preparedness / Documentation
Manage Document Library
In organizing your emergency preparedness procedures, you may find that you have several documents that you want to make available to staff, assessment teams, managers, recover teams, and others involved in preparing or recovering from an emergency. These documents might be building-specific, or general corporate-wide procedures.
For example, you might have these types of documents:
- a building emergency plan that is specific to each building on the campus and is required reading for every building occupant. This type of document can provide detailed evacuation routes, "sweep" instructions, muster areas, shelter in place instructions, and any emergency response procedures specific to hazards at that location.
- data protection and off-site storage procedures for a data center. Procedure documents such as clean-up procedures for blood-born pathogens would likely be company-wide and not associated with a particular location.
- snow emergency procedures that detail when and how employees are contacted in case the facilities will be closed due to snow. This type of document might be associated to a geographic location such as city.
- emergency shutdown procedures for equipment items could be associated with a room or the specific piece of equipment.
With the Manage Document Library task, you can check in your emergency preparedness documents to the so that others can access them. You can associate the documents with specific departments, buildings, equipment items, and so on. For easy retrieval, you can specify a folder structure or a document category.
As needed, you can update the documents and check in updated versions to the document library.
To establish a library for emergency preparedness documents, follow these steps.
- Establish the document library folders and document categories and types for the document management system using:
- Business Process Owner / Define Document Library Folders task
- Business Process Owner / Define Document Categories and Types task.
- Use the Documentation / Manage Document Library task to add documents to the library, check in new documents, associate documents with locations, and so on.
|Copyright © 1984-2019, ARCHIBUS, Inc. All rights reserved.