Revision History for V.25.2
Included in this topic are fixes and changes to programs, modules, and applications, as well as known limitations. For a description of enhancements and new features in Archibus business applications and modules, mobile apps, platforms, and customization, see What's New in Archibus V.25.2
For a complete understanding of all changes in Archibus V.25.2, you will also want to review topics:
Note:. While the documentation provided with V.25.2 gives an overview of the V.25.2 functionality, Archibus continues to add documentation on feature details and usage notes. Should you want the most recent available information, please check the version of the help that is available online at the links below. If you are at a secure site with policy restrictions governing Internet access, and you wish to receive an updated version of the latest help, please contact Archibus Technical Support.
User Help: https://www.archibus.com/ai/abizfiles/v25.2_help/archibus_help/user_en/archibus.htm
System Management Help: https://www.archibus.com/ai/abizfiles/v25.2_help/archibus_help/system/sysman.htm
Changes in Archibus V.25.2
- Archibus Help
- Web Central
- Smart Client
- Archibus Cloud
- System Management
- Web Central Platform
- Service Desk
- Capital Projects
- Real Estate
- Reservations Plugin for Microsoft Outlook
Known Limitations of this Version of:
- Archibus Help
- Archibus Cloud (General)
- Mobile Framework
- Web Central
- Smart Client
- Smart Client Extension for AutoCAD
- Smart Client Extension for Revit
- System Administration
- Mobile apps
- Workplace Services
- Real Property
- Sustainability & Risk
- Capital Projects
- Archibus Extensions for BUILDERTM SMS
- Archibus Extension for Lease Accounting
- Reservations Plugin for Microsoft Outlook
- Localized help focuses on overview topics. This change was made after V.251 was released and is listed in the V.251 Revision History. The change is repeated here as readers might have missed it in the V.25.1 Revision History.
- Archibus Help in Italian, German, French, and Spanish now focuses on a select set of overview help topics; previously, the localized help systems contained the same topic set as English Archibus Help, with some topics translated (topics focusing on overviews and topics on Smart Client, Web Central, and Smart Client Extension for CAD commands), but many in English.
- With Archibus following a more frequent release cadence, Archibus is producing smaller localized help systems in order to better maintain the content as it changes over time and produce the localized help systems in a timely manner.
- Readers requiring more details than are available in the localized help can consult the English Archibus Help. They can also consult the V.24.1 localized help, which has many translated topics; in this case, readers should be aware that the topics may not reflect V25.2 operation.
- As with previous releases, if your Archibus locale is French, Spanish, Italian, or German, the Help commands in Web Central and Smart Client load the corresponding localized help system. The URL format is unchanged and uses the convention <user_xx> and <v2X.x_help>, such as https://www.archibus.net/ai/abizfiles/v25.2_help/archibus_help/user_es/archibus.htm for the V25.2 Spanish online help.
Flash topics removed from System Management Help. When views with Flash drawings, charts, and maps were converted to HTML in V.23.2, the System Management online help retained Flash help topics and marked them as "deprecated features." For V.25.2, the topics were removed from System Management Help. If you require Flash topics, you can find them in the V.25.1 System Management Help at https://www.archibus.net/ai/abizfiles/v25.1_help/archibus_help/system/sysman.htm#wc_views/Adv_Views_Techniques/drawing_views_flash/Implement_Drawing_Control.htm. In V25.1 System Management help, you can also search for "Flash" or drill through to the Contents to Add-in Manager / User Interface Extensions / Flash (Deprecated). (AD-2401)
- Reservations Calendar Console. The Reservations Calendar Console is now fully documented.
- Accessibility Navigator. The Accessibility Navigator on the Navigation option on the User Profile has been removed since Archibus no longer supports view 1.0 views. The Accessibility Navigator will be supported again in a future release. (AD-290)
- Dashboard Definition Wizard. Dashboard navigation. As of V.24.4, Dashboard is no longer a navigation method. Therefore, the System / Add-in Manager / Dashboard Definition Wizard task has been removed.(AD-1379)
- Archibus 1.0 Views and Flash-based Views. The Archibus 1.0 views are no longer supported. The1.0 tasks, as well as Flash-based tasks, have been removed from the Technologies section of the Navigator. If you want to convert your Flash-based views, locate them by running a global search under the schema folder for .axvw files containing the following.
For information on converting views, see:
- To Drawing. Fixed issue of the To Drawing functionality cleared any already preset filters. Also, fixed issue of the To Drawing functionality did not update when switching between drawings.
- Drop-down lists. Slow performance. Drop-down lists in the grid are no longer slow to load data when used with databases with tens of thousands of records for a field. (AD-872)
- Support for Central/Local model usage added.
- Lighting Fixtures. This issue was fixed in V.24.3. Although they are listed as a Revit Category in Archibus, you cannot catalog or publish them from any view or floor, even after adding them to
- AFM_INFO command introduced, which displays known Extension paths.
- Fixed the Restrict to Grid command to properly restrict the SC grid per the current drawing.(AD-1202)
- Publishing updates.
- Multiple Enterprise Graphics publishing issues fixed.
- Highlighting commands. Hatch patterns. Scale. The following was fixed in V.24.1, but remained as a Known Limitation until V.25.2. Hatch highlights do not scale correctly for Metric drawings. Depending on the hatch pattern used and the DB scale used for hatch patterns, the asset symbol will either appear to be not highlighted, or completely filled with the color of the hatch pattern. As a workaround, uncheck the "Apply DB Scale" option in the Highlight Settings form and enter a very small value (such as 0.1) in the "Default Scale" field. This will enable the hatch pattern to appear. (SMAR-800)
- Mobile Framework: Improvements for log in, drawing display, and image display.
- Maintenance app and Asset & Equipment Survey app. Displaying Floor Plan. Previously, if you synced and therefore downloaded the floor plan using the Maintenance mobile app or the Asset & Equipment Survey mobile app, the mobile apps would attempt to connect to Web Central again when they needed to display the floor plans. This was not necessary as the floor plans were already downloaded. The apps now do not attempt to connect to Web Central when displaying floor plans. (AD-988)
- Maintenance app. Sync messages improved. Removed unnecessary sync messages and reworded as needed. (AD-2388)
- Maintenance app: Step comments. Corrected issue with Step Comments not being presented or entered as expected.
- Asset & Equipment Survey app. Documents. A problem with modifying asset survey items causing the deletion of the attached documents has been resolved. (AD-2526)
- Workplace Portal app. Photos. The problem attaching a photo to in the "My Work" work request has been resolved. (AD-2717)
- Space Book app. Sync. A problem with syncing to Web Central has been resolved. (AD-81, MOB-653)
- Assessments app. Duplicate activity logs. Synced condition assessment items are now removed from mobile devices and do not create duplicates in the activity log. (AD-2753)
- Missing tasks for Space and Maintenance modules. When you logged in with an OPS Craftsperson (ACP) role, you would see the Space and Maintenance modules with no tasks. This was fixed in V.25.1. (AD-2047)
- Logging.xml. The configuration file,
logging.xml, has been renamed to
- ArcGIS feature updates performed by the ArcGIS Connectors are now URL-encoded and support special characters in the Web Central data.
- Publishing to local coordinates (e.g. State Plane), in lieu of Web Mercator, is now supported.
- The enterprise-graphics location used by the Extensions for Esri is now configurable. The configured location will override the afm projects enterprise-graphics location.
- An issue resulting in background graphics not being published has been addressed.
- An issue reading the georeference parameters when using Oracle has been addressed.
- An issue over-riding the asset type in the ArcGIS Connectors has been addressed.
Archibus Cloud deployment
- Resolved reliability issues in Okta SAML deployment configuration.
- Added Office 365 SAML deployment configuration.
Grid 3.0 Control
Enumerated fields.The grid has been improved to support editing mode for enumerated fields (AD-2373)
Memo fields. Better layout for memo fields (AD-1445).
- Support default layers by parameters (to support Space Console’s application parameter for default layers)
- Support retain layers across the floor plans
- Support text layers selection in layers popup
- Spring framework 5.2.7.
- Spring Security framework 5.3.3.
- Passed Veracode Scan.
- Many other library and core platform upgrades to maintain secure environment. Includes:
- http client (AD-781)
- xf-rt-transports-http (AD-2200)
- dom4j (AD-2199)
- spring-security-web (AD-2152)
- dom4j (AD-2151)
- cxf-rt-transports-http (AD-1629)
- commons-codec (AD-1628)
- log4j (AD-1626)
- powermock (AD-720)
- Aspose Tasks 20.4 to support MS Project 2016.
- EWSAPI 2.0 with Archibus customizations to support Exchange Online OAuth2 authentication from the Exchange Listener.
- Service Desk API: Added document download and mark delete endpoints.
- Web Central configuration supporting REST APIs and interactive web/mobile/CAD users on the same server. Available as a solution upon request. Will become a part of the product in 25.3.
- Space Console improvements
- Support "Border Highlight Only" exporting (AD-1134):(APP-4740)
- Automatically update legend content if Legend popup is open when switching the floors (AD-1813)
- Provide loading spinner in Floors and Details panels to indicate searching is in progress (APP-7329)
- Search on Bl/Fl only now changes tab or highlight selection (AD-60)
- Add All/None action for the Layers Selection popup (AD-2244)
- Security update for Select Value dialog (AD-2050):
- Improve "pending assignments" message during assigning when switching tabs (AD-2233)
- The Selected Floors Only option in the Details tabs is now not selected by default after a search. Users much explicitly select this. Each tab’s Selected Floor Only option is independent; the selection on one tab does not populate to other tabs.(AD-59)
- The Employees tab offers an Exclude Remote Employees option from the funnel-shaped icon. The Employees tab also offers an Edit icon for editing multiple selected employees at one time.
- The fields on the Advanced Search form have changed and the form has been redesigned.
- Space Console. Sample drawing HQ-17. Previously, when you loaded floor plan HQ-17 in the Space Console and then switched from the Space tab to the Occupancy tab, the drawing might intermittently disappear. This happened with HQ-17 drawing only. This was fixed in V.25.1. (AD-2041)
- Space Console. Exporting Floor Plans to PDF. When you use the "Generate PDF of Floors in Location List" or "Export Floor Plans in Floor List to PDF" all drawings are now exported. This was fixed in V.25.1. AD-1369)
- Space Console. Multi-select mode.. When you turn on multi-selection mode and unselect multiple rooms by clicking and dragging, the “[number of rooms] selected” and “[number] of Pending Assignments” messages are now correctly updating. This issue had previously affected both the “Select” and “Assign” room actions. (AD-2227)
- Define Room Standards. Includes the Analyze Social Distance field.
- Moves. Several bug fixes:
- Move Scenario. Employees to move in a second scenario are now displayed in waiting room (AD-2774)
- Move Scenario. Distinguish which employees are part of the move project by adding text highlights to employees labels. (AD-442)
- Move Console - a problem with assigning employees to a room in scenario floor plan has been resolved. (AD-1619)
- Show Team highlight in Examine group move view.
- Fill the date_completed field for group moves.
- Reservation requests. Meeting. If you create a meeting reservation from the card view, the reservation saves successfully, but the system hangs upon returning to the home screen. The user must refresh to view the home screen. (AD-2087)
- Reservation requests. Room Arrangement End Time. Meeting Room scheduler is no longer displayed up to an hour after the Room Arrangement End Time. Previously, if you attempted to reserve a room outside of this time, you received an error "Room is not available". (AD-1021)
- Schedule Substitute. Supervisor. Previously, when you used Maintenance / Corrective Maintenance / Service Desk Manager / Schedule Substitutes to schedule substitutes (such as ALLBURG) for a supervisor (such as AFM), the Maintenance / Corrective Maintenance / Supervisor / Labor Scheduler view did not show for the substitute (ALLBURG) all the supervisor's (AFM's) work requests. This has been resolved. (AD-305)
- Maintenance Console. Updating Work Requests. Work Description value is erased. Previously, if you have enabled the Automatic ID Lookup feature, you would find that when you selected multiple issue work requests and chose the Update Request button, the Maintenance Console did not report a value for the Work Description field. This has been resolved. (APP-7304, AD-1988)
- SLA Console and Maintenance Console. Oracle. Manually Completing fields. When working with the Manage Service Level Agreements task (ab-bldgops-sla.axvw) on Oracle, you could not create an SLA by manually inputting a values for the fields, such as Problem Type. Similarly, if you manually entered the fields of the filter in the Maintenance Console, you did not receive the proper results. This has been resolved. (AD-2044)
- Manage Request Types for Workplace renamed. The ab-ess-manage-activitytype.axvw view has been renamed from "Manage Request Types for Workplace" to "Create Service Catalog" and is now available from Maintenance / Corrective Maintenance / Service Desk Manager / Create Service Catalog. Adding this task to Maintenance was made to support customers who own Maintenance but do not own Service Desk or Foundations.(AD-2371)
- Search and Manage Work Requests. Added a button to present a pop-up showing reference documentation. This is handy for accessing reference documentation for historical work. (AD-1985)
- Approve Work Request details. Now displays the Requestor information (AD-1982)
- Dispatch step. Comments. Comments are now saved when canceling work requests at Dispatch Step (AD-1559)
- Support for OAuth2. This is now supported for connecting to Exchange Online and required related library updates. (AD-95)
- Reservation Calendar Console. Continuous meetings. The My Reservations tab now includes a unique icon for continuous meetings. Previously, continuous meetings used the same icon as regular one-time meetings. (AD-2692)
- Reservations Calendar Console. Clear All button Previously, after you clicked the Clear All button in the Reservations summary right panel, the View Employee Schedules button was now longer enabled. You could still add attendees in the confirmation view; however, you could not select them on the first screen and see their availability in the calendar. This has been resolved.(AD-2305)
- Reservations Calendar Console. Checking the need for reservation approval. To determine if a reservation for a particular room requires approval, you can check the “Room Details” form (accessed by clicking the "i" icon in the Select a Room panel) which now includes the "Requires Approval?" field. (AD-2695)
- Notification message. If there is an error with sending the email, the notification message now makes a clear distinction that the reservation has been made successfully, but that there was an error with regards to the sending of the e-mail. (AD-2009)
- Reservations Calendar Console. Clear All button After you click Clear All button in the Reservations summary right panel, the View Employee Schedules button is now correctly enabled. .(AD-2305)
- Bug fixes:
- Outlook Plugin sessions no longer expire when using non-English languages (AD-1551)
- Dotnetbrowser exe file is now included in Outlook Plugin installer (AD-2958)
- Service Console. Now opens a new Calendar Console view when selecting a Reservation (AD-2002)
- Outlook Plugin. View My Reservations button no longer opens an old-style Web Central view. (AD-2781)
- SLA Console and Maintenance Console. Oracle. Manually Completing fields.. When working with the Manage Service Level Agreements task (ab-bldgops-sla.axvw) on Oracle, you could not create an SLA by manually inputting a values for the fields, such as Problem Type. Similarly, if you manually entered the fields of the filter in the Maintenance Console, you did not receive the proper results. This has been resolved. (AD-2044)
- Manage Request Types for Workplace renamed. The ab-ess-manage-activitytype.axvw view (Manage Request Types for Workplace) has been renamed to Create Service Catalog. You can access this view from its existing locations: Archibus Cloud / Foundations / Background Data / Create Service Catalog and Workplace Services / Service Desk / Service Desk Manager / Create Service Catalog, as well as Maintenance / Corrective Maintenance / Service Desk Manager / Create Service Catalog. (AD-2371)
- Highlight Color for Substitute. If the system routes work to you because you are a substitute, the requests for which you are a substitute are now correctly listed in your queue with a distinct color. (AD-2192)
- Determine Ordering of Service Level Agreements. If you defined an SLA that covered multiple sites, buildings, or problem types, the "Determine Ordering of Service Level Agreements" view should display these on a single line; the Grouping field (helpdesk_sla_request.grouping) should be set to the same value so that they can be edited and managed together. This behavior is described in https://www.archibus.net/ai/abizfiles/v25.1_help/archibus_help/user_en/archibus.htm#../Subsystems/webc/Content/fim/on_demand/sla_grouping.htm. Previously, the newly-created SLAs all had different values for the Grouping field and each was displayed on a separate line. This has been corrected. (APP-1998, AD-3774)
- Workplace. Reservation requests. Meeting. If you create a meeting reservation from the card view, the reservation saves successfully, and no longer hangs upon returning to the home screen. The user no longer needs to refresh to view the home screen. (AD-2087)
- Room Status field. To support Return-to Work features, the Workplace Services / Hoteling / Background Data / Define Hotelable Rooms view now has features for setting a room's Room Status. This change enables you to identify hotelable spaces that have not been cleaned (Room Status = Requires Cleaning) and therefore are not available for booking. The Room Status field is also included in the filter for the Operational Reports / Highlight Hotelable Rooms view.
- Workflow rules. To support Return-to Work features, the workflow rule for presenting bookable rooms now considers the Is Hotelable? (Yes) and Room Status (Available) when determining bookable rooms. A new workflow rule creates a CLEANING service request for a floor code, if there is at least one room that has been booked during that day on that floor.
- Manage Asset & Equipment Survey. Documents. A problem with modifying asset survey items causing the deletion of the attached documents has been resolved. (AD-2526)
- Manage Asset & Equipment Survey. Document fields. Previously, the Asset Survey Photo and Asset Survey Redline fields showed the image icon even though no documents were uploaded. This has been corrected. (AD-2408)
- Asset Lifecycle Console
- A problem with closing the Profile form has been corrected. (AD-2478)
- A problem with filtering by property and then trying to edit property assets has been resolved.(AD-2479)
- Manage Hazard Assessment Items. The Assessment Details Tab is no longer blank in Firefox (AD-606)
- View My Events Calendar. Event colors now reflect legend. (AD-1301)
- Compliance Event Finder report. A problem with the location field remaining as a filter even after it the filter is cleared has been resolved. (AD-2601)
- Question Tree. A problem with the question tree not displaying multiple Parent Answer Conditions has been fixed. (AD-1724)
Health & Safety
- Track Incidents. Values for Other Consequences field not localized. The "Other Consequences" field has options Null and Death, these are now translated, no matter the locale of the user. (AD-1649).
- Importing/Exporting. Supports importing and exporting MS Project 2016. Improvements to the import/export process.
- Define Properties. Firefox. The right-side panel of the Background Data - Facilities / Define Properties task now properly loads when using the Firefox browser. This was fixed in V.25.1.(AD-870)
- Non Exchange integration. Canceled Location not removed from the meeting email body. The following issue was corrected in Archibus V.24.1: When using ICS for a recurring reservation, once an occurrence is moved to a different date, any change to the recurring reservation is sent as separate updates for each individual occurrence instead of as a series update. Such a change won’t be visible when opening the entire series on your calendar. It will only be visible when opening the individual occurrences. For example, suppose you change the date for one of the occurrences of a recurring conference call reservation and later remove a room from the recurring reservation; after importing all ICS files to your calendar, this update is applied to each occurrence but the body of the meeting series still shows the removed room. (APP-2131)
- Notification of cancellation from Web Central. The following issue was corrected in Archibus V.24.1: When you create a recurring conference call reservation from the Plugin, and some reservations are canceled from Web Central, you do not receive a notification of this cancellation if you open the meeting again from the Plugin. The system notifies you when you open the canceled date from Plugin as "only this date"; but if you open the entire series (from any date), you do not receive the required warning message. (OLKPLGN-12)
Archibus Help known limitations
- Non-English help from the Navigator. If you use the right-click Help command on a Navigator process, you will receive an error message that the topic cannot be found. This is because the localized version of Archibus Help does not contain topics at this level of detail. In a future release, the right-click Help command will load the appropriate topic from the English version of Archibus Help. (AD-2786)
- Home Page Publishing. Cloud Partner Administrator. If you sign in as a cloud partner administrator (such as sample user AFM-BP), run the System / Cloud Partner Administrator / Manage Home Pages and Processes task, modify a home page, and publish your changes; you receive an error message. As a workaround: use System / Add-In Manager / Publish Home Pages by Role to publish home pages after modifying them.(APP-6426)
- Synching. SAML authentication. When Web Central is configured with SAML authentication with Okta identity provider, if the mobile user does not perform a data sync within one hour, the next data sync will fail. The workaround is to close the mobile app on the device and restart it. (AD-2062)
- Locations Services. Android. On Android, the Mobile Location Services work only when you are connected to a secured (https) Archibus domain. This is due to the facts that the Android Mobile client uses a WebView based on the Chromium browser engine and relies on the Chromium browser location services to obtain the location of the device, and the Chromium browser requires that the domain is secure in order to provide the Location service. (MOB-370)
- Mobile security groups and schema database. System administrators need to add the
%MOBsecurity groups to the
afm_groupstable in a blank schema database. (3045646)
Localizing mobile apps. If you want to translate the mobile UI into your own language, such as Portuguese, you follow the same process as documented for Web Central but rename the file generated by the localization kit from
(where xx is a number like 01, 02 ...) to
lcis the locale code). For example, if you want to add a Portuguese locale of
pt_PT, the localization kit will generate a file for the mobile device such as
lang_01.js. This file should be renamed to
lang_pt.js. Also note that it is not possible in mobile to have different UI translations for different regions of the same language (such as French Canadian or Spanish Mexican), although this is supported in Web Central. (3046373)
- Windows Mobile 8. Drawing Display. The available devices for Windows Mobile 8 are slower than those available for Apple iOS and Android. If your site uses drawings with Windows Mobile 8, change your publishing routines to publish the minimum information needed for field work. For instance, the SRL drawing published with building outlines and room outlines only performs adequately on a Nokia Windows Mobile 8 phone. The same SRL drawing with all wall lines, door lines, and plan lines is too slow to use. This condition is likely to change, as Windows Mobile 10 uses a more performance browser and Windows Mobile 10 will support phones and tablets with performance in the same class as those available for Apple iOS and Android. (3047583) (3047951)
Windows phone HTC. Building labels on site maps. Site maps do not display building labels until the user taps the building on the site map. As a workaround, if you cannot see the labels on the map, use the list of the site's buildings. (3047979)
- HTML5 Charts. When viewing HTML5 charts on Samsung, Nexus, and Microsoft Surface, be aware that when there are many chart items displayed within a small screen, you need to enlarge or zoom in order to select a chart element in which to drill down. When zooming, you must touch the screen slowly to see a “red” line show on the screen, then slide the zooming area. (3044790)
- Websphere. Sign in. Application error. You receive an application error when signing in to Archibus using the Websphere application server. Therefore, you cannot use the Webshpere application server with V.25.2. Fixing this is high priority, and it is expected to be resolved for V.25.3. (AD-2873)
- Localization Kit. Read Translatable Files. In order to avoid a long time delay when running the Read Translatable Files option, run the script , 25.2.002 which adds indexes.
- Polish characters in V25.x User Interface. With the new V.25.1 user interface, special characters in UI titles translated to Polish do not appear like the other characters. For customers who have this issue, we recommend modifying all CSS files in the schema\ab-core\views\navigator folder to replace this line: (AD-2292)
font-family: "Open Sans";
with this line:
font-family: "Open Sans", Arial;
- Microsoft Edge. Back button. . On Microsoft Edge, clicking the browser's Back button brings you to the previous site you visited before Archibus, not the previous view inside Archibus. This is not an issue if the user is not assigned a home page. (AD-1643)
- Smart Search console. Number column. Non-English.For views that have a Smart Search console in the grid, the Number column does not always display when working with non-English locales. (AD-1728)
- Questionnaires. Non-English. Questionnaires, such as those in Condition Assessment and Sustainability Assessment, do not allow assessors to edit out-of-the-box, sample questions that have been localized from English (US) to other languages. The workaround is for Archibus Administrators to use Archibus Smart Client to edit the text of these sample questions. This issue affects only sample data questionnaires that have been localized from English. (AD-1547)
- Google Maps. When opening a Web Central view configured to consume Google Maps data, (for example, the Technologies / GIS / Standard Leaflet Map View / Simple Map - Google ab-leaflet-google-map.axvw), you may encounter the error message: "This page can't load Google Maps correctly." Google made some changes effective June 11, 2018, such that all Google Map API calls now require a Google Maps API key. Some changes will be necessary for clients who have implemented Google basemaps within the Standard Leaflet map control. Any Web Central views that use the Stand Leaflet map control Google basemaps option will require the following change to the Google Maps API reference in the corresponding view AXVW:
<js url="//maps.google.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR_API_KEY" />, where YOUR_API_KEY is your Google Maps API key. (WC-3008)
MS Surface laptops with touch screens. Certain events on certain specialized forms (for example, dragging a reservation) work with the touch pad and with the mouse, but do not work with the touch screen on MS Surface Laptops. The behavior of the events differ between browsers (e.g. between Edge and Chrome). (AD-97, APP-3310, APP-3312, WC-2494)
- Scroll by swiping. MS-Surface Pro Windows 10 with touch screen. Under both Edge and Chrome, you cannot scroll grid views vertically and horizontally by swiping. The workaround is to disable the custom scroller. To do so:
modify WEB-INF/config/context/controls/view/controls-view.xml by setting:
<property name="useScroller" value="false"/>and restarting the application server. (WC-2493)
- Fonts are difficult to read. Each version of Windows handles fonts slightly differently. If text looks odd and is difficult to read, do the following:
1. Go to Control Panel / All Control Panel Items / Performance Information and Tools
2. Click "Adjust Visual Effects."
3. The "Performance Options" dialog appears. Ensure that the "Smooth edges of screen fonts" check box is checked.
(In Chrome browsers, after applying the setting, you may need to clear cache, close, and reopen the browser in order for the changes to take effect. In Firefox, the changes are applied immediately.) (WC-2793)
HTML Gantt Control. Filter. Dates. Filtering by specific dates does not work as it did in the Flash Gantt control. The control will not be filtered by dates. (DOC-92)
- HTML Chart Control. Export to Word. As part of V.23.2, all Archibus views were updated to use the HTML Chart control instead of the Flash Chart control. However, the HTML Chart control does not offer the ability to export to Word, as does the Flash Chart control. As a work-around, you can take an image grab off the screen and paste it into Word. (APP-413)
- HTML Drawing Control. Drawing Load Progress Indicator. Chrome.. If you are loading enterprise graphics in a Web Central view, you will notice that the view does not include the progress indicator (spinner) to inform you of the drawing load progress. This applies only when running Web Central on Chrome. (WC-2742)
- HTML Drawing Control. Multiple Open Drawings. Visible Published Layers. If you open multiple drawings and these drawings do not have the same set of published layers, the drawings will show only the published layers that are common to all open drawings. (WC-2865)
- HTML Drawing Control. Drawings Published in Metric Units. Markers placed together to form a cluster cannot be viewed separately when zoomed in - they will always show as a cluster. (WC-2448)
- Home Page Editor. Maps. When creating home pages, you add only one map bucket to each home page. (WC-2790)
- Home pages. Localized. For some international users, home pages may display English titles for columns in the Metric Trends panel. If this issue occurs, the user can switch to a different home page and go back, or sign out and sign in again. (WC-2373)
- Data Transfer. Excel. When exporting decimal data to Excel, when Web Central user is in one locale and Excel is set to a different locale (i.e. when the decimal separator in one is a comma and in the other is a decimal point), review the rounding of the decimal data in the Excel file to verify that it is appropriate for your use. (3035375)
- Reports. Adobe Live Cycle PDF. The Adobe Live Cycle PDF output reuses the same file name by default, so users may need to clear their browser cache to see changes to the data or restrictions reflected in the report output. This issue does not apply to standard "PDF" output actions in Web Central, but only to the forms with custom layouts such as the OSHA forms produced by the EH&S application and Hazardous Waste Manifest documents from the Waste Management application. (3039687)
- Reports. Custom Colors. Add-in managers cannot configure custom colors for report totals. (WC-2046).
- Reports. Paginated Reports. Open Office. Opening a paginated report with drawings in Open Office 3.1.1 produces an output that has no drawings or legend highlights. As a workaround, save *.docx into *.doc format.
- Dashboard views and scroll bars. If you open from a home page a dashboard view that displays multiple frames, you may find that the scroll bars remain active if you move the mouse completely outside the panel. Click anywhere in the panel to deactivate the scroll bar. You may also find that when you move the mouse outside the panel, scrolling stops immediately or that the scroll bars disappear even though mouse button is pressed. Scrolling resumes if you move mouse back inside panel without releasing mouse button. (3043205)
- Dashboard views. Long first-load time. On some application servers, such as Web Logic 8 and 10, we have observed that some large dashboards take a long time to load (6 seconds). Archibus compiles view files to .jsp on first use so that the second load and all subsequent loads of the view are very fast. However, for some long dashboards on some application servers, the .jsp compilation takes multiple tries and produces several error in the archibus.log file. However, the process completes reliably and there is no error or service interruption to the user. The one observable effect of this issue is that large dashboards can take longer to load. (3032821)
- Hierarchical Tree Drill-downs. Firefox. Collapsing and expanding a tree control panel causes the tree control to be rebuilt, which undoes the user's selection of tree nodes. (3036779)
- Hierarchical Tree Drill-downs. Sybase. On Sybase, hierarchical trees in views like "View and Edit Organizational Units" or "Map Sites to Organizational Units" do not display all the hierarchical levels if the tables have pattern values that are larger than 126 characters. For example, in the above views, the tree uses a SELECT LIKE clause for
org.hierarchy_ids, which on Sybase is limited to 126 characters. Thus, if using values for Organization Code, the hierarchical tree for organizational units will display only the first four levels because some values in
org.hierarchy_idsare larger than 126 characters. This issue affects Sybase projects only. (WC-2406)
- User Profile. Chrome. If Chrome crashes or exhibits odd behavior, your Chrome user profile may be corrupted. See these instructions on how to reset your Chrome user profile: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/142059
- Grid. Highlight ACAD Pattern (Swatch) fields. If working with a view in which you define highlight patterns (such as Space Planning & Management / Space Inventory & Performance / Background Data / Define Division and Department Highlight Patterns, ab-sp-create-dp-hatch.axvw), and you set a gradient highlight, create a swatch bitmap, and refresh the view, the Highlight ACAD Pattern (Swatch) field will not correctly show the swatch bitmap for the gradient highlight. Instead, the fields show the same color for all gradient highlight definitions. (WC-2748)
- GMT + 02 Timezones and JDK bug. Oracle. For an Oracle project, you will experience an error when entering a date after April 1, 1980 into a field if the server's time zone is set to GMT + 02 (such as Athens, Bucharest) . Dates prior and after 4/1/1980 work fine. This is a result a JDK bug affecting the Athens/Bucharest timezone and Daylight Savings Time (DST). For information, see http://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6324973. As a workaround, Oracle suggests setting -Dusr.timezone=Europe/Istanbul, which doesn't have the DST transition on April 1, 1980. (3046276)
- Schema Change Wizard. Oracle. When using Schema Change Wizard on an Oracle database, you may face the error ORA-01031: insufficient privileges when choosing to re-create any of the Archibus security tables: afm_users; afm_groups.
Resolution: Choose "Alter existing table structures (preserves additional fields)" option when trying to update afm_users/afm_groups tables. (3045736)
- View Definition Wizard. Weblogic or Websphere. Production Mode. When using Weblogic or Websphere in production mode, you must take additional steps in order to edit and view axvw files.
1. Copy and save the edited axvw file in the \schema\per-site\files-to-convert folder.
2. Open the View Definition Wizard and click on the Load option.
3. Load the view, select type, pattern, keeping all default values.
4. Click “Display” to see the changes in the view.
5. Save the view file and publish. (3039651)
- VPA Restrictions. WebSphere. When running with IBM WebSphere, Web Central may not properly execute VPA restrictions. This is due to WebSphere's use of the IBM Just-In-Time (JIT) compiler, which is enabled by default. To use VPA with WebSphere, you must disable JIT from WebSphere Application Server. For more information, see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSDKJ8_6.1.1/com.ibm.wpg.entadv.doc/admin/wpgagmst249.html%23tbl006. To disable JIT:
1. Log on to WebSphere Application Server Admin console.
2. Under Servers, click Servers and select the WebSphere Partner Gateway Server.
3. On the configuration page, select Java and Process Management > Process Definition.
4. In Additional Properties select Java Virtual Machine.
5. Select the Disable JIT check box. (3045218)
- Sybase Web Edition database engine. Connection limit. While using Web Central with Sybase Web Edition database engine, you might receive an error in the WEB-INF/archibus.log file stating that the database server connection limit was exceeded. The error message reads: java.sql.SQLException: [Sybase][JDBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Database server connection limit exceeded at sybase.jdbc.sqlanywhere.IDriver.makeODBCConnection.
To fix this issue you need to tweak the value of
maxActivein the \Archibus\WEB-INF\config\context\compatibility\afm-config.xml file. To do so:
- In the afm-config.xml file, search for "Sybase-WebEdition" to find the attribute.
- Reduce the value for
maxActive. The right value might be any value less than 10, except 0. The below example shows a value of 4.
- SAML. Connecting to SAML requires user to make server selection on subsequent sign-ins. (AD-1996)
- Saving records with enum fields. Records saved from the grid will set an enum value field in the db to the first enum value in the list, instead of the default value per the schema (AD-232)
- Drawing List. Document Management for Drawings. The Drawing List is sluggish for large (thousands) of record drawing lists. Most large teams prefer to use virtual-private Archibus to divide the drawing list by area of responsibility.
Certificate Authentication. Web Central tasks. Cannot data transfer or launch Web Central if Certificate Authentication is in effect. (SMAR-626)
- Editing Standards tables. If you edit Furniture Standards or Equipment Standards with the default database, the titles for the Length and Width fields will show incorrectly as "ft" or "M". If you log in with a different locale (e.g. view an Imperial project as a Metric user) the program will convert the values. The condition also occurs in Furniture or Equipment Standards views loaded in Web Central. To avoid this condition in both environments, load the Archibus Fields table (afm_flds), find the Length and Width fields, and change their Numeric Format from "Length" to "Default". (3037311)
Deleting a record with a date/time field as part of its primary key. You are unable to delete records from tables that have a date/time field as part of the primary key, such as the ehs_medical_mon_results table. There are no such errors when deleting records from the same table in Web Central views. (WC-2169)
Deleting. hwr and hwo tables. It is not possible to delete records from Smart Client grid views that present these tables. As a work-around, delete the records from Web Central or Client/Server.(SMAR-596)
- Deleting. Bulk editing. Currently there is no way of bulk deleting data from Smart Client. If you select all records and then hit Delete, only those records currently displayed on screen are deleted; all of the other records that are selected but not on screen remain. As a work-around, in View Definition Wizard, create a single panel interactive report for the table in question, choose only the primary key field(s) unless you need to add a restriction. In the preview pane, enable advanced editing, and add
multipleSelectionEnabled=”true”in the panel, then insert a panel action with a command type
deleteSeletedRows. Save Changes and preview the view and you can check all and delete right from the preview, without needing to save/publish it. (SMAR-17)
- Ribbon. The Smart Client ribbon is very small on high resolution monitors. (SMAR-503)
- Grid. Refresh when filtering. After you set and clear a filter, the grid does not correctly update record counts and refresh. As a workaround, run the Clear action on the menu ribbon. (SMAR-609)
Replace Column. When there are more than two tables in the standard role attached to the Smart Client grid view, the command presents errors. (SMAR-528)
- Modified views cannot be saved as default view. Log in as a user that has the Security group SYS-VIEW-ALTER (such as AFMX), open a view, change the view, save, and make it the default view. Reload, and the default view will not reflect your changes. (SMAR-329)
- Explorer pane. Recent Views list. When you create new views and save them in the Explorer's list of recent views, you can save up to 8 views. When you save the ninth view, the system removes the newest view from the list. It should remove the oldest view from the list. (SMAR-907)
Data Transfer. Dates deleted from the output file are not cleared in the database after transferring in the file with the changes made. (SMAR-671)
- Data Transfer. Chinese user name. If you sign in to Smart Client with a user name in Chinese characters, Smart Client's data transfer feature does not work in Jetty. Tomcat works fine. (SMAR-663)
- Data Transfer. Linux. Java 1.6. If you encounter errors using Data Transfer when running Linux with Java 1.6, upgrade to Java 1.7. (3045880)
- Query table. The Query Table command does not include fields that contribute to the primary key; for example, it does not show the Building Code and Floor Code values for rooms. (SMAR- 798)
- Highlighting commands. Unclosed polylines. If some areas don't highlight with solid highlights, they might be open not closed polylines. If so, close them. The AutoCAD solids don't fill unclosed-closed polylines. AutoCAD hatch patterns do, however. Notice that if you have multiple areas of one type (e.g. Office standard), having one unclosed polyline may cause others to also not have a solid fill (since Archibus hatches many of them in one go for efficiency's sake). (3030818)
- Highlighting commands. Hatch patterns. The Archibus-defined patterns (from the .pat file) are not being loaded into AutoCAD at the time of highlighting. Only the out-of-the-box AutoCAD patterns work as expected because the highlighting logic defaults to a SOLID hatch pattern if it can't find the pattern definition. (SMAR-902)
- Large floor plans. When dealing with very large floor plans (3,500 rooms on a single floor), commands like Catalog Layer and Highlight by Department do not give progress feedback, but function correctly.
- Asset Text Height. The Smart Client Extension ignores the atxt_ht_in and atxt_ht_cm in favor of the atxt_ht value, which is in inches. For metric drawings the SCE converts this to cm. (SMAR-189)
- Edit Data. Suite areas. If you use Edit Data on suite areas, and if you use Select Values to select an existing suite, the area in the form shows temporarily as 0. If you press OK, the correct area is recorded and appears correctly on subsequent invocations of the command. (3035340, 3034959)
- Trial layers. Asset text. Asset text is left-justified instead of center-justified. (SMAR-492)
- Explorer window. Anchoring. When you open a drawing from within the Smart Client drawings list, the Explorer window should be positioned according to the settings made in the previous session; instead, it opens in the floating position and you must reset it.(SMAR-702)
- Drawing Publishing. AutoCAD Leader objects. SWF and EMF do not support arrows or text with the leaders. SVG-- only solid arrows are supported. (3044919)
- Drawing Publishing. Secondary circulation areas as regions. As documented in http://www.archibus.com/ai/abizfiles/v23_help/archibus_help/user_en/archibus.htm#../Subsystems/webc/Content/web_user/space/concepts/open_plan.htm, you can draw accurate polylines for secondary circulation using AutoCAD REGIONS. Publishing these drawings may result in rooms being set incorrectly in front of or behind other rooms. In order for rooms within a secondary circulation region to be shown and highlighted in front of the secondary circulation space in a published drawing, they must be numbered higher than the secondary circulation space. (3051186)
- Drawing Publishing. XREF The XREF Layer does not publish when the TURNOFFALL* value is specified in the additional layers field. As a workaround, turn off layers individually and do not use the TURNOFFALL* feature to control XREF Layers.(SMAR-1001)
- Drawing Publishing. AFM_NET_LISP "Publish" command ignores the
viewWindowattribute when the
publishTypeis EMF and the generated file is published to extents. (SMAR-737).
- Drawing Publishing. SVG. Background Color. If you set the Set the ColorMapping field to BLACK for
AbPubBackgroundin the sample HQ database and publish, the black background does not appear to take effect. This is because there are multiple active rules in the database, and later results overwrite the earlier ones. To resolve this either (a) set the Active flag to No for all of the SVG files except for one; or, (b) specify a unique Rule Suffix (e.g. -bl, -reg, -eq) for each rule, except for the one that has a Color Mapping value so that different rules will produce different output files. (SMAR-417)
- Drawing Publishing. SVG. Hatches. Complex hatches, meaning that there are multiple polylines that are used as the boundaries for the hatch, do not publish to SVG; whereas hatches that do successfully publish are contained in a single polyline. You can separate the hatches using HATCHEDIT, and the publishing will work as expected. (SMAR-513)
- Drawing Publishing. Refreshing. FirefoxIf your workstation uses Firefox and you load a drawing's enterprise graphics in Web Central or in the Smart Client, then republish that drawing's enterprise graphics, the change may not appear when you reload the view with the enterprise graphics. For performance reasons, some versions of Firefox do not immediately refresh the enterprise graphics files from their local cache even when the file has a later time stamp, as checking the time stamp involves an extra query to the server for each file. To view your changes, clear your cache or restart your browser. If you wish to see changes immediately without clearing your cache, you can change your browser cache settings to control the problem.
1. In Firefox's menu, select Tools > Options.
2. Select the Advanced tab, and then the Network tab.
3. In the Offline Storage section, enter 0 for the MB of space used for the cache.(3024655)
- File names with special characters. When you publish a Revit file whose file name contains spaces and characters such as #+°$(), you may receive an error message when viewing the SVG file in Web Central. (WC-3132)
- Opening a model. Error message. Due to the way that Updater classes are implemented, Revit presents a message that you are missing a third-party updater. You can ignore this message. (SMAR-974).
- Number. If you Number a room and then use the Smart Client to show the Room field "Perimeter ft”, the perimeter shows as 0. If you Data Edit or Data Edit Multiple, the number is corrected. (SMAR-285)
- Number. If the database does not contain enough information for the Number command to execute, it fails to number instead of providing feedback to the user about what database information is needed to successfully run the command. (SMAR-526)
- Deleting rooms. Revit does not notify Archibus when Revit deletes rooms. Currently, Archibus cannot uncatalog rooms on that event. Use the Synchronization / Uncatalog Records without Assets command to clear the Drawing Name and Id fields on these rooms in one step.
- Web Query command. Is intended to work on rooms, furniture, and equipment; but does not provide additional information for other asset types, such as gross, group or suite areas. For these elements, use the Edit Data dialog to display all relevant properties. Also, if the last primary key value for an asset is a single digit (e.g. if you query for room "1"), then the pop up dialog results are not restricted to that one record. This doesn't occur for two- and three-digit IDs (e.g. room "10" or "100"). (3035367, 3035366, 3034950, 3034414)
- Publish Enterprise Graphics.Visibility. While the Extension does filter for visibility, in some cases, invisible lines -- such as walls that are visible but hidden by a floor element -- show in any case. The very first entity in a Revit model or AutoCAD drawing is not published to the SWF file. This condition is typically only noticeable in very small test drawings. (3035308, 3034839)
Publish Enterprise Graphics. Colors. Since Revit floor plan don't have color, colors for Enterprise Graphics generated from Revit can cause confusion, especially since the user does not have control over this. In a future release, Archibus will address this issue. (SMAR-988)
- Edit Data and long parameter values. If you have a parameter value (e.g. Name) mapped to an Archibus field (e.g. Option 1), and that parameter has an existing value longer than the field width in Archibus, then you will not be able to create a record using Edit Data. You can shorten the parameter value using the Revit Parameters dialog. Alternately, if you use the Archibus Catalog command, the command will find all of these conditions and allow you to rectify them individually or in groups. (3034793)
- Edit Data. Rooms. Some objects in linked models are not correctly picking up room codes of the rooms they are inside of. (SMAR-785)
- Edit Data and Group Areas. For new groups, the Group Code will show as "1" until the record is actually saved. Thereafter, the proper autonumbered ID will show. (3034828)
- Edit Data and Suite Areas. If you use Edit Data on suite areas, and if you use Select Values to select an existing suite, the area in the form shows temporarily as 0. If you press OK, the correct area is recorded and appears correctly on subsequent invocations of the command. (3035340, 3034959)
- Map Database Fields. This form is empty if there are no assets in the model of the specified asset type. (3034357)
- Copy / Paste. If you copy and paste furniture and equipment, you also copy and paste their Revit properties. Use the Archibus synchronization commands to find and resolve any duplicates. (3030989)
- Database update scripts. Languages should be disabled in
afm-config.xmlif there is the possibility of outdated enumeration list translations as any step in the update scripts. (AD-2280)
- Database update scripts. V.24.1.002 and V.24.1.003. V.24.1ML customers who have already deployed V.24.1EN need to update their DB schema by running the scripts in \dt\24.1.002 and in \dt\24.1.003\. When using the V.24.1ML database, there is no need to do so. (APP-5925)
- Database update scripts. V.24.1.002. For V.24.1EN, you need to republish home pages after running the V.24.1.002 DUW scripts. This is not necessary for later releases because the database already contains the V.24.1.002 scripts. (APP-5059)
- Database update scripts. V.24.1.001. Running the
update-database.duwscript may give an error on some updates. If you get an error with "This record is locked by another user or program. ... Unable to execute statement." the cause might be a redundant update workflow rules statement in: ../dt / 24.1.001 / schema / sysadmin / gdpr / update-schema.duw. The solution is to comment out the last line in the above file by adding two hyphens ("--") at the beginning of the line. Then run the top-level
- Database. Upgrading from pre-V24.1. With the reassignment of the MoveManagement activity from the Move domain to the Space domain in V.24.1, V.24.1 and newer Web Central cannot run with 23.2 and older databases due to license issues. To upgrade the database from V.23.2 to V.24.1 or later, follow these steps: (AD-2222)
1. Copy these files from the pre-V24.1 WAR file to the 25.1 application server.
3. Upgrade the database.
4. Restore the V.25.1 license files.
Database update scripts. V.23.2. Oracle and SQL Server. To use the V.23.2 database update scripts on Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle, you must do the following:
in \archibus\projects\users\public\dt\23.2-plus\sample-data\app-bldgops\common\update-sample-data.duw comment this line:
See What's New in V.23.2 / Add-in Manager Features: Scripted Database Updates for information on the database update scripts. (DB-149)
Schema Change Wizard. Compare Tables. The Compare Tables step of the Schema Update Wizard cannot complete due to a security exception. As a workaround, you can temporarily disable the following settings in /WEB-INF/config/context/core/core-optional.xml, and restart the application server. After completing the wizard, please re-enable these settings.(WC-2295)
<!-- <value>AFM_GROUPS</value> -->
<!-- <value>AFM_GROUPSFORROLES</value> -->
<!-- <value>AFM_ROLES</value> -->
<!-- <value>AFM_USERS</value> -->
- Schema Change Wizard. The archibus.log fails to show correctly field and table name in the global dataset. This is only a logging issue. There is no functional error. (3033565)
- Serraview-Archibus Integration. Story 2 is not supported in Oracle.(APP-5856)
- Basic Rule Wizard. Linux and JBOSS EAP. On Linux and JBOSS EAP 6, Basic Rule Wizard cannot run basic rules. This issue has been verified to affect the following software configurations: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 x64, Java 1.7, JBOSSEAP 6.2 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 x64, Java 1.7, JBOSS EAP 6.3. (3047117)
- Basic Rule Wizard. WebSphere. If you are running Web Central under WebSphere, basic rules may fail to execute. To resolve the issue, remove the following line from the basic rule templates:
import org.apache.log4j.Logger;. The template files are under the schema\ab-core\system-administration\basic-rule-wizard\templates\ folder. (3049954)
- View Definition Wizard. Dashboards. The wizard fails if one of dashboard processes contains round brackets in the process name. (WC-2135).
- BIRT reports. Pie charts and bar charts. You cannot load datasource reports with pie and bar charts inside of Web Central; meaning that you cannot use VPA or pooled database connections with BIRT and pie charts or bar charts. (WC-2321)
- Security. LDAP. The result of using a distinguished name with a comma results in this error in archibus.log: "LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials". The solution is to change the bind user's "CN=" value to a name that does not contain a comma. (3037258)
- Security. SSO. In SSO mode, when the user name is incorrect, the user is redirected to the timeout page instead of the SSO error page. (WC-2027)
- GDPR. Workflow rules. Workflow rules for GDPR need to be activated by running the script \dt\24.1.004\schema\sysadmin\gdpr\update-schema.duw (DB-361) (DB-362) (DB-366)
- GDPR. Filter. Name and Email fields. Sybase. The System / Archibus Administrator - User and Security / GDPR Personal Information view displays a filter console containing the fields 'Name' and 'Email'. On a Sybase database, entering more than 125 characters in one of these two filter fields will result in an error. On all other databases, these fields are set to accept up to 128 characters. (APP-4792)
- Solution Templates. Calendar control. The Reservations Calendar example records multiple days for one-day events. (WC-3237)
- Grid. API. Grid panels can display custom values calculated in Java Script code. An example can be seen in the following view. This example displays the custom Location field that is composed from Building, Floor, Room, and Location database fields. The example also includes a menu that allows the user to produce reports with the grid data. Due to Web Central technical implementation limitation, custom values formatted in Java Script code cannot be displayed in these reports.(3041685)
- Path: Technologies / User Interface Add-Ins / Assemblies with Multiple Panels / Find-Manage with Categories
- File: ab-products\solutions\assemblies\work-wizard\ab-ex-work-wizard.js
- Grid. API. When designing views with a grid panel, you cannot set specific grid column width in pixels. The grid automatically sets column widths according to the available space and the data displayed in each column. (3045398)
- Grid. API. The Clear Filter icon is not visible if the last grid column is hidden. To avoid the issue, add an empty last column. The condition does not affect any of the Archibus applications. (3040363)
- Automatic ID Lookup. Sample department data. Those wishing to convert the sample HQ department names to numeric codes to illustrate the use of this feature should use the Basic Rule Wizard to execute this file: \schema\ab-products\common\resources\basic-rules\BasicRules_GenerateIds.java
- Automatic ID Lookup. Pkey fields.If a System Administrator enables Automatic ID Lookup (LookupID), then they should remove any primary key (Pkey) fields from the <translatable> section of
afm_scmpref.preferences. Lookups do not work properly for translatable primary key fields. (APP-1500)
Automatic ID Lookup. Translatable fields. Translatable lookup fields are supported in grids, reports, charts, and cross-tables, but are not supported in edit forms. If a translatable lookup field such as
project.project_typeis used in an edit form, and the user has a non-default locale, the form will fail to save data. This is because the user may enter or select a localized field value, which will not validate against the primary key of the lookup table. The solution is to use a description lookup field instead of a primary key lookup field.
For example, to translate the
1. Remove the
<root><lookup displayType="translate"/> </root>element from the
projecttype.project_typefield in the afm_flds table.
2. Add the
<root> <lookup/> </root>element, without the translatable attribute, to the
projecttype.descriptionfield in the afm_flds table.
Edit forms will then:
- Display editable English value of the
- Save English value of the
project.project_typefield, which validates without errors.
- Display read-only localized value of the
projecttype.descriptionfield. (3054146, 3054148, 3054178)
- Display editable English value of the
- Workplace Portal app. Photos. You can add photos to various types of service requests (copy, maintenance, move, space, furniture). However, when you save the request and the system syncs, the system does not save the photos as documents. Thus, when you click on the request after saving, click the Document button, and check the Document form, you will find that there is no image. (3047424)
- Space Book app. Space Survey Form. Space Survey Form does not automatically save data. red lined images or documents entered by auditors. Auditors can save changes only by tapping on the Complete button. Note that this behavior does not apply to the Space & Occupancy mobile app. (MOB-551)
- Hazardous Materials app. If you add new material and then examine the highlighted floor plan, the highlight will not include the room for which you just entered material until you sync. (3047744)
- Compliance Surveys app. Syncing. If the auditor has a long list of survey tasks and syncs a complete survey, they might see that some incomplete survey tasks disappear. As a workaround, reset the filter in the Survey Tasks view and sync the app again. (MOB-548)
- Maintenance app. Confirmation. SLAs can contain Confirmation steps on the "Issued" and "Completed" statuses. Users who are assigned to these steps can perform the confirmation (Approve/Reject/Cancel) in the Maintenance Console, but this feature is not supported in the mobile Maintenance app. Confirmation steps work only on the "Requested" and "Assigned to Work Order" statuses on mobile.(3049202)
Maintenance app: Updating from Issue tab. A supervisor cannot update work requests from the Issue tab when selecting multiple work requests. (AD-2065)
- Maintenance app. Sync issues.
- When a user performs a Sync action on the mobile Maintenance app, any craftspersons hours data (such as Actual Hours or Overtime Hours) can be overwritten if those hours were entered in Web Central. (3045897)
- When a requestor reports multiple maintenance requests of the same type from different locations and then syncs to upload all the requests at once, the mobile app does not consistently upload all the requests. To avoid this problem, sync after entering each request. (3048805).
Part quantities are synced on the mobile Maintenance app only when you sync the background data. This affects mobile users who perform any of the following actions on the mobile maintenance application:
o Estimate parts on a work request
o Add purchased parts to inventory
o Complete a work request that includes parts
After you perform any of these actions and sync, the system will update the part quantities correctly in the database and they will appear correctly in Web Central; however, the mobile application will not show these new quantities. Also, any changes made by other mobile users or Web Central users to the part quantities will not be synced. The workaround is to go the Sync settings on the mobile application and click the button that says “Reset Background Data Sync Flag”. When you return to the Maintenance application, the background data will automatically sync, and the part quantities will be updated on the device. (3053237)
- Maintenance app. Inconsistent behavior when last craftsperson completes work for on-hold work requests.If you are using the Maintenance mobile app, completing an on-hold work request does not set the work request to completed; when you sync and check the work request in the Maintenance Console, you will see that the work request is still on hold. In Web Central, if the craftsperson completes an on-hold work request using the Complete button, the system correctly sets the work request to Completed. (AD-2895)
- Maintenance app. Upgrading. If you are upgrading from a pre-21.3 version and you have existing service requests or work requests that do not have a Building Code value, then you will encounter a problem. A workaround is to edit the records from Smart Client or SQL and provide a value for the Site Code and Building Code fields. (3045895)
- Maintenance app. Seeing rejected requests. Approvers can reject requests back to the requestor or step completer . However, mobile users cannot see or resubmit those rejected requests from the mobile application. This must be done from the Building Operations Console.(3048370)
- Maintenance app. Photos. You can request maintenance from the Workplace Services Portal app and the Maintenance app, and you can update maintenance requests from the Maintenance app. However, the two apps store maintenance photos in different tables (wr and activity_log), which can cause problems when editing or deleting a photo. When you request maintenance using the Workplace Services Portal app and add a photo, and then access the corresponding work request using the Maintenance app, the photo will be shown. However, if later the photo is deleted by the Maintenance team from the work request (wr) record, the photo will not be deleted from the activity_log record, and vice versa. There are several alternative scenarios for adding, changing, or deleting photos which may cause this kind of issue. This issue will be fixed in a future release. (3047423)
- Manage Request Types for Workplace If you do not have a license for Corrective Maintenance, Preventive Maintenance, Cloud Maintenance, or Foundations, you cannot create an SLA for problem types; the field should be disabled. The view includes instructions to let you know that you must own one of these applications. (AD-1899)
- On some Android devices, when you capture a photo for a request, the camera cannot be switched to rear-facing mode when it is set to front-facing by default. (APP-7373)
Photos captured by camera on some devices are not displayed in the Request Details view in Workplace. However, the stored photos are still viewable by the supervisor in the Maintenance Console and Service Console. (APP-7414)
- QR scans. If in
security.properties, you set
security.restrictLoadingOfUnassignedViews=true, you will not be able to use the QR code scanning features to access Workplace. (APP-6039)
- Reservations. Pre-block and post-block times In the Define Room Arrangements view, you can add pre- and post-block times to a room arrangement. These are not supported in Workplace. The assumption is that the fields have not been filled in. In the Reservations Calendar Console (full software offering), the reservation shows the pre- and post-block times when you select a reservation time. But in Workplace, you are not shown the pre- and post-block requirements for the room, and you receive an error when you try to save the reservation if a conflict occurs due to the pre- or post-block times. For example, suppose the post-block time is 30 minutes and there is an existing reservation from 2-4pm. You try to reserve the room from 1-2pm and it looks ok on the scheduler. But when you try to save, it will give an error that the room is not available for that time. (AD-1021)
- Reservations. Buildings without Floor Plans. For both Meeting Space reservations and Working Space reservations, there is a toggle between the floor plan and list view. If you define rooms as reservable meeting spaces or hotelable working spaces, then the list view should show the available spaces in list or card format, even if no floor plans are uploaded for the building. However, if the building is missing floor plans, the list view erroneously shows no results. (APP-6852)
- Reservation requests. Multiple room configurations. In Workplace, we assume that only one configuration and one room arrangement has been defined for a room. If you create multiple room configurations with the Reservations application, the configurations will appear in Workplace, but there is no distinguishing information about the configurations and the user will not know which space they are reserving. There will also appear to be a discrepancy between the available room count and the number of rooms shown on the floor plan.(AD-835, APP-5194, APP-5845)
- Reservation requests. Oracle. New Visitor. When running under Oracle on the sample HQ project, if you reserve meeting space, add attendees, select New Visitor, and enter a name, the system does not save your entry. This is a result of a problem with the auto-number sequencing in the Oracle HQ sample database in the Visitors table, and affects demonstration only on Oracle. It does not affect new projects you create. To prevent this error, re-run the Sample Data DUW script on Oracle.(APP-5848
- Reservation requests. Meeting organizer. When choosing a Meeting Organizer, you will find that only employees with a permanent seat assignment at the site are shown as options. (APP-5834)
- Reservation requests. Recurrence pattern. Workspace reservations do not show recurrence pattern in the details view. You can only delete a single occurrence at a time. AD-835)
- Reservation requests. Workspace requests. Add Visitor The Add Visitor sequence does not allow selection of all departments at the site. (APP-5835)
- Requests. Show More button. If Workplace is displaying all requests, it still presents the Show More button. The Count value next to the Show More links are not accurate (APP-5755)
- Requestor photos. The QR scan Room page Request list shows requestor photos that do not match the requestors. (APP-5884)
- Move Requests. Add new employee. Department list. When a department manager uses the Add Employee button (accessed from the Department List "Edit" icon), the system creates a Move Request for the new employee. Users might expect the employee to appear in the department list at this time since they have specified a department. However, the specified department is stored only in the move request. Once the move is approved, the system will update the Employee record with the department and the new employee to appear in Workplace's department employee list. (APP-4655)
- Move requests. Description field. After you create a Move Request, the request appears on Workplace, but with an empty description field. (APP-4842)
- Space Requests. Moves. If you change the From Location in a space request, use Space / Moves / Move Coordinator / Complete Group Moves to close the move, and check the rmpct record, you will see that the value for
primary_emis still 0. It should change to 1 since user has changed the From Location from satellite location to primary location. The conditions for this situation are: workspace transactions are enabled, the SLA for Group Move calls for the service provider as Move Management and no approvers, and the application parameters are:
- Moves. Action questionnaires. If you add new Action Types (using the Space / Moves / Background Data / Define Action Types task), you cannot add questionnaires to these action types using the Space / Moves / Background Data / Define Action Questionnaires task. (3028382)
- Space Console. Multiple Select. To pan the drawing, you must switch the Multiple Selection option off, and then turn it on again when you want to select items in the floor plan. In a future release, you be able to multiple select and pan without constantly toggling the Multiple Selection option. (AD-3017)
Space Console. Bulk editing rooms. If you select from the floorplan more than 10 rooms and attempt to bulk-edit them, the form may not display all the fields and buttons making it difficult or impossible to edit the selected rooms. Please edit fewer than 10 rooms in bulk at one time. (AD-2711)
- Space Console. Generate Ad Hoc PDF. Large Drawings. For large drawings, such as one with an SVG size of 5590K, the report may not generate. In these cases, increase the memory, such as increasing the Tomcat memory to 2048 M. (AD-2048)
- Space Console. Employees tab. Selecting employees. If you have a list of employees that runs over multiple pages, when you select employees and then move to "Next" or "Previous" page, the selection will be cleared. As a workaround, you can first use the "Place Employee in Waiting Room" or "Unassign" action for the selected employees on the current page, and then move to a different page to select additional employees. (AD-2741)
- Space Console. Team Space. Organization Name field. When assigning associations to teams, you will see that the Associations tab includes the Organization Name field. This is validated by the Organizational Units (org) table. To create the values for the Organizational Units table so that they are available when completing the Organization Name field, you must use the Smart Client. Create a new view that holds the org table and use this view to define your organizational units. (3052882)
- Space Console. VPA. If a user has VPA set for division or department, the user can still update an employee's location to be a room that does not belong to the division or department VPA. This can be done by:
- Using the Space Console to drag and drop the employee to the new room.
- Using Define Employee or Edit Employee to update the employee's building, floor, room (note that this can only be done by directly inputting the location, as the select-values list of rooms will obey VPA).
If the user does update the employee location to a new room that does not belong to the same division or department as is set by VPA, the location change will not create a workspace transaction, and therefore the employee's change will not be recorded in history.
- Space Console. Plan Types. Using Plan Types on the Space Console affords the user the ability to personalize highlights, text labels, and printed legends to the deployment's needs, in addition to the pre-existing highlights and label options that exist on the Space Console's drop-down menus. The Add-In Manager defines Plan Type highlights and labels by creating or modifying view files and datasources that are logged in the active_plantypes table. However, to make changes or add legend datasources, in addition to defining those datasources in the view file that active_plantypes references, the Add-In manager must:
- Make an associated change in the same view file for a highlight datasource, and name it as the legend is named. For example, if the Add-In Manager makes a legend datasource named "ds_ab-sp-hl-rm-by-dp-name_rmLegend", they must also make an associated highlight datasource named "ds_ab-sp-hl-rm-by-dp-name_rmHighlight".
- In the PDF export AXVW file
ab-sp-console-export-drawing-pdf.axvw, the Add-in Manager must also create a legend-type panel and refer to the new legend datasource. Following the same example, the panel's id must be named
panel_ds_ab-sp-hl-rm-by-dp-name_rmLegend, and the datasource must equal
ds_ab-sp-hl-rm-by-dp-name_rmLegend. The fields that the datasource defines and that should be visible in the legend must be defined in that panel. (3050005)
- Purchase Price. Visibility. Ownership Transactions.The consoles display the Property and the Building Purchase Price from the Ownership Transaction (ot) table. If you have entered the purchase price data directly into the Properties or Buildings table, you will need to create an ot record in order for the value to display in the Asset Management and Enterprise Asset Management consoles. For steps to do so, see the "Entering Ownership Information" section of the topic Enter Information for Buildings, Structures, or Land.
- Equipment Systems Console. Queries and Traces. Multiple drawings are not supported. (APP-216)
- Asset Disposal Console. Changing building status from Asset Disposal Console causes inconsistencies in REPM. The Asset Disposal Console updates the asset records for Buildings and Properties as well as inserts OT records to match when the asset is disposed of. REPM reports on Owned, Pipeline, and Disposed OT statuses for buildings, but ignores buildings with other ownership transaction statuses, or gives unexpected results in reports. The REPM Building Add/Edit Wizard does not have a way to modify the status of the bl record. Setting the transaction Status to Owner does not change the status of the building to Owned. Coordinate OT records with asset status in both REPM and Disposal Console. (APP-852)
- Define Classifications. Deleting top levels. In the Define Classification view (
ab-ca-def-class.axvw, which is available from the Business Process Owner process of Asset Management, Condition Assessment, and Environmental Sustainability Assessment), you cannot delete a top level. Instead, you must delete the top level by using Smart Client and deleting the record from the csi table. If you are not going to use a top-level classification hierarchy, it is advisable to delete all the child records (under the top level) before deleting the top level. (APP-4187)
Classifications. Localization. Numeric ID (Automatic Lookup). The Classifications (
csi) and Classification Standards (
csi_std) tables are not translatable. Therefore, in order to use the Automatic Lookups (Numeric IDs) feature for asset classifications, enable Automatic Lookups for them without
afm_scmpref.preferences. Otherwise, Archibus will look for the translatable fields in the two tables, resulting in application errors. Also, the Asset Classification Description field (
csi.description) and the field Classification Standard Description (
csi_std.description) are not translatable. If enabling the Automatic Lookup for these fields, do not use the attribute
displayType="translate"because the fields are not translatable.(APP-4286) (APP-4192).
- Telecom Console. Connecting an item to itself. In the Telecom Console, do not link a piece of equipment or its port, jack (faceplate or jack code) or patch panel (panel code or panel port code) to itself. Doing so results in the Archibus Web Central page locking and the Archibus web server entering into an infinite loop of querying for the next step in the connection chain.(APP-4704)
- Telecom Console. Connecting equipment using Chrome browser version 52.0.2743.116 m. Using this version of Chrome, you will encounter no response when attempting to connect two equipment assets. Connecting correctly works on Chrome version 55.0.2883.87 m. Please upgrade to Chrome 55.0.2883.87 m if you encounter this issue. (WC-1558)
Telecom Console. Queries and traces. Multiple drawings are not supported for queries and graphical traces. (APP-216)
Enterprise Assets known limitations
Project Proposal Console. Baseline cost of a billion monetary units or greater. If you enter a baseline cost for an individual required asset that is a billion monetary units or greater, you get an error that the value entered exceeds the maximum storage unit for the field. This is because the value for the baseline cost in the sb_items table is defined as numeric (9,1). However, the value you entered displays correctly in the grid and in the statistical summary because the value in the eq_req_items table is defined as numeric (16,2). This error occurs only in the rare case that the cost of an individual asset is a billion monetary units or greater. (3052851)
- Project Proposal Console. Selected Period fields not displaying. The default selection is to display Baseline and Period 1. If you add other period fields but then want to return to the default setting and find that the Console is not displaying your selection, clear your browser cache. (APP-1601)
- Manage Reference Documents. This task enables you to associate a document with a Building Use, Property Type, and Furniture Standard. However, there is currently no way to view documents added for these items. It also enables you to associate a document with projects of different types. Currently, you are able to view documents for only projects that have the Scenario type. You are, however, able to view documents added for work request Problem Types, PM procedures, and action items that are associated with a Proposed project. (3050281)
Asset Portal known limitations
- View Equipment Plan. If you have a lot of asset symbols on the floor plan, they may not display the Equipment Code as asset text and may not be correctly filled with color. (3028852)
- PM Planner. PM Schedule Data form. Expanding collapsed form causes view load error. If you follow this sequence, you will encounter a view load error. Load the PM Planner, click Filter button to show Weekly Planner, click on a PM Date in the calendar to open the PM Schedule Date form, expand the collapsed PM Schedule panel, and click the enlarge button on the right top of the form. If you keep the PM Schedule panel collapsed, you do not encounter the error. (AD-2994)
- PM Schedules. Manual Interval Type. Failure to generate work order. When you have a PM Schedule with a value of Manual for Interval Type and you specify any date for Date for First PM, when you generate a work order you receive a message that a work order was not generated. As a workaround, enter a value of 1 in any of the Frequency Interval 1,2,3,4 fields on the Edit PM Schedules form. This effects generating work orders from both the PM Planner and the Generate PM Work Orders(ab-pm-gen-wo.axvw) views. (AD-2991)
Reservations known limitations
- Reservations Calendar Console. View Employee Schedules. O365 Exchange. When running with O365 Exchange, you might experience inconsistent behavior with the View Employee Schedules feature of the Reservations Calendar Console. For exampl,e you might the schedule for a second booking does not display immediately, or the attendee schedule displays only once the room is reloaded or the environment is restarted. Note that this does not occur with with Exchange 2016. (AD-3040)
- Reservations Calendar Console. Non-USD Budget Currency. If the
abCommonResources-BudgetCurrencyapplication parameter is set to a value other than USD, when you create a reservation and click the Reserve button, you receive a workflow rule error. (AD-2944)
- Reservations Calendar Console. Double-byte characters and Comments field. The Calendar Console presents an error message when you attempt to confirm a reservation whose comment includes double-byte characters and is larger than 4000 characters. As a workaround, enter smaller comments when a comment includes double-byte characters. (AD-436)
- Reservations Calendar Console. Slight time inaccuracy when extending or decreasing a meeting time. When working with Chrome when zoomed to a non-100% value, you may find that if you enter a meeting time and then change it by a small increment, such as 10 minutes, the new time is not accurate. For example, if you change a meeting end time from 9:00 to 8:50, the meeting may register as ending at 8:51. This is due to an issue with the use of jQuery version 3. This is not an issue when running on the Firefox or Edge browsers. (APP-6981)
- Reservations Calendar Console. Recurring reservations for monthly meetings. The timeline does not always correctly display recurring patterns for monthly meetings. For example, if you created a reservation for the first Monday of the month, the Reservations Calendar Console might show all Mondays in the month. Although the timeline might not display these reservations correctly, the Console does correctly save these meeting dates and the summary text reflects the proper date. (APP-6651)(AD-1028)
- Reservations Calendar Console. Room configurations. For situations in which multiple reservations exist at the same time in the same room, but for different room configurations, the calendar displays only one reservation. (APP-6561)
- Reservations Calendar Console. Continuous meetings.
- The My Reservations tab disables the Edit option for continuous meetings. As workaround if users need to apply any changes they can cancel the meeting and create it again. (APP-6565)
- The system does not prompt you resolve continuous meetings that have conflicts; when it encounters this situation, the system generates a workflow rule error. (APP-6535)
- While you are dragging the time block on the calendar to make a continuous reservation, you might start or end the meeting at a point partially through the day; the block will correctly reflect this. However, once you confirm the reservation, the calendar block shows that the meeting occurs all day for this day. For example, if you drag the block to end the meeting at noon on the last day, the reservation block shows that the meeting ends at noon, but once you confirm the meeting, the reservation block shows that the meeting lasts all day on the last day. If you hover over the meeting block on the calendar or check its details, you will see that the correct time is recorded. (AD-2699)
Copying a continuous meeting results in a single-day meeting. The date you provide as the start date for the new meeting is also applied to the meeting's end date. (AD-2977)
- Reservations Calendar Console. Conference calls.
- If you create a conference call and you select several buildings in order to select rooms in several buildings; and if many of the rooms in one building are reservable, all of the rooms for this building are shown, and reservable rooms from other buildings are not displayed. This can make hard to select rooms from different buildings. The
TimelineMaxRoomsPerBuildingapplication parameter does not control this.(APP-6214)
- You cannot edit the date and time of a conference call reservation. (APP-6613)
- If you create a conference call and you select several buildings in order to select rooms in several buildings; and if many of the rooms in one building are reservable, all of the rooms for this building are shown, and reservable rooms from other buildings are not displayed. This can make hard to select rooms from different buildings. The
- Reservations Calendar Console. Editing meetings.Create a new meeting and select a room that has other scheduled meetings during the current week. Next, in the My Reservations tab, locate this meeting to edit it. The Calendar Console shows the reserved room in the room list, and the edited meeting is shown in red in the calendar. However, you might also need to see the other existing meetings in case that you want to change the times; the Calendar Console does not show these other existing meetings. (APP-6518)
- Reservations Calendar Console. Changing room selection.Time not recorded. If you select a room, select a time, add some resources, and select another room; you will find that the designated time does not persist to the second room. (APP-6800)
- Reservations Calendar Console. Selecting rooms with click and drag. While it is possible to click and drag on the time slots for rooms, doing so doesn't select that room. To actually select the room, you must make the extra effort to click the room. This behavior is throughout all views of the Calendar Console. (APP-6658)
- Reservations Calendar Console. Application parameters. The
TimelineEndTimeparameters work only with one-hour increments. If you enter times such as 9:30 and 17:30 in the parameters, the Calendar Console does not consider them. (APP-6698)
- Create Resource Reservation. Reservation Timeline. Microsoft Surface. You cannot drag with touch input a reservation on the timeline. Timeline drag-and-drop supports only mouse events. (APP-3312)
ICS invitations sent when no relevant changes. When Reservations is configured to send ICS invitations, it will send new ICS invitations each time a reservation is updated, regardless of whether any relevant changes have been applied. For example, if you add resources to a reservation, the application will send new ICS invitations even though resources are not listed in the ICS invitations. (APP-2363)
- Outlook Plugin and Exchange. Outlook 2010. Time zones. In some situations using Exchange Integration, when creating a recurring reservation from Web Central, attendees using Outlook 2010 can receive the meeting invitation in plain text. The time zone information is then displayed in the meeting invitation body instead of in the when field. The cause of this issue is yet to be determined. Reinstalling Outlook or resetting the Outlook profile could resolve the issue. (APP-2340)
- Outlook Plugin and Exchange. Confirm reservations. Email. In the Confirm Reservation screen, the Requestor’s Email (
reserve.email) is used by the Outlook Plugin and for Exchange integration. The non-integration sending of emails retrieves the email address from the Employees table. For this reason,
reserve.emailshould be equal to the
requested_byemployee email. If you change the default email presented in the form, by entering a different email than the employee’s email, the Plugin and Exchange use the new value, but the .ics invitations will continue to use the
em.emailvalue. For reservations created via the Plugin, the Plugin fills in the
user_requested_for fieldsbased on the
reserve.emailfield. (3015233, APP-5271)
- Outlook. Time zones. Editing conference calls. The time zone of the meeting in Outlook is not modified when you update a recurring meeting from Web Central. This means that the time zone in which the meeting is displayed in Outlook can be different from the following in Web Central. However, in both cases the reservations do remain in sync with the meeting. (APP-5272, 3045844)
- the time zone you chose for the conference call in
- the local time zone of the room you chose for non-conference call
- Google Calendar integration. When you have configured the application for ‘no integration’ with Exchange, the .ics files that are generated to be imported into Outlook, Google Calendar, or any other calendar app sometimes do not correctly update the Google Calendar application. Specifically, there can be a problem with the file content related to the meeting identifiers created by the application. These meeting identifiers are not always unique. If you create a new calendar, instead of importing an existing one, the creation of meetings seems to work correctly for single and recurring reservations, but updates and cancellations don’t always work as expected.
Service Desk known limitations
- Manage Request Types. Non-English locale. When using the Service Desk / Service Desk Manager / Manage Request Types view (ab-create-activitytype-tabs.axvw) to edit request types that have been translated into other locales, the request type does not appear correctly in Service Desk Manager edit form. (AD-2813)
Leases cloud module / Leases application known limitations
- Building Abstract. The Occupancy Count (count_em) presented by this report is calculated by the Update Employee Headcount task. However, this task is not available in Leases or Space cloud module. As a workaround, you can track occupancy with the Building Occupancy edit field in the Buildings table. (AD-1116)
- Lease Monthly/Annual reports. Unexpected filter results. Sample data. When working with the HQ sample project and using the filter on the monthly and annual reports (such as Real Property / Leases / Reports / Lease Monthly Income or Lease Annual Income), you might encounter unexpected results. For example, you might restrict on building BOSMED and then find that the results are not restricted to BOSMED. The issue is that some of the lease sample data records are assigned to both buildings and properties. In reality, a lease should be associated with either a building OR a property but not both. Thus, if you filter for leases for a specific building, but include property leases as well, you might see leases for other buildings because these leases are also assigned to a property. Note that Archibus does not allow you to create such leases; these types of records were likely imported into the HQ sample database from Excel. Archibus will rework the sample data in a future release. (AD-2097, AD-2800)
Portfolio known limitations
- Add-Edit Wizard. Documents. When you use the Add Document form of the Add-Edit Wizard to add a new document, you must enter the URL twice. For example, move to the Documents tab, access the Add Document form, enter the URL, save the form, and upload the document; you will find that the URL has been cleared from the form. You can now enter the URL and the form will correctly save it. (AD-3065)
Costs known limitations
- Costs Wizard for Accounts. Recurring cost not saved after adding. In the Real Property / Costs / Cost Administrator / Costs Wizard for Accounts (ab-rplm-cost-mgmt-costs-wiz-ac.axvw) view, when you select an account in the location tree, click the Add Recurring Costs button in the cost list, add cost data, and save, you will find that the recurring cost is not saved. (AD-2983)
Portfolio Forecasting known limitations
- Portfolio Forecasting Wizard. Calculations. If the user units are different from the project units, when you calculate the area on the floor for an allocation event by multiplying headcount by average area per employee, the result can be off by a factor of 10.76. (3052105)
Strategic Financial Analysis known limitations
Financial Analysis Console. VPA. The console does not load if the user has a VPA that is not compatible with the console restriction. Please see Adding VPA to the Financial Analysis Console for details on creating a VPA for this console. (3053673)
Green Building known limitations
- Fuel Density. Tree panel. The Green Building / Background Data - Carbon footprint / Fuel Density task has a tree panel that manages two different levels of information. The tree panel does not display the second level. As a workaround, you can enter data so that both levels are shown, and then remove the data. (AD-1618)
Hazard Abatement known limitations
- Homogeneous areas not highlighted. The application does not currently highlight all rooms identified as containing portions of homogeneous areas when there are no assessments directly associated with those rooms. (APP-5240)
Compliance known limitations
Extended Questionnaires. Service requests from mobile. Although the ability to create service requests from questionnaires was added to the Compliance Surveys mobile app, it has not yet been implemented in the Web Central Compliance application. Therefore, if a mobile questionnaire respondent provides details for a follow-up Service Request actions for any question in a questionnaire, then the respondent should take care to fully submit the questionnaire via the mobile app; they should not edit or submit via the Web Central questionnaire edit form because the Web Central edit form might not preserve the request details or set the status of the request as expected via the mobile app. (APP-4250)
Extended Questionnaires. Document/Photo. The Web Central questionnaire form does not currently support respondent-initiated submission of more than one document/photo attachment per question, whether or not the questionnaire designer specifies a value greater than 1 for Maximum Number Responses. The mobile app does support this feature. A questionnaire designer should take this into account when designing forms. If the intended respondents will be using Web Central to submit documents and flexibility in number of document responses is desired, then the designer can work around the limitation by defining a parent question containing a follow-up question of type document and allow multiple instances of the parent question. For example, parent question could be multiple choice "attach a document?" Yes/No. If Yes, then the application shows the document question as a follow-up. Set up the "Attach a document" question to allow multiple answers, such that the respondent can add another, answer "Yes" and so on. (APP-2426)
- Extended Questionnaires. Question Tree. Nodes without child records. In the Define Compliance Questionnaire view, when you examine a question that has multiple choice answers, you will see that the Question Tree does not indicate that a node has no child content. When a node has no children, it still displays the triangle-shaped icon for expanding and collapsing, giving the impression that there are child records. After you click the node, the triangle disappears until refresh. (WC-2386)
- Extended Questionnaires. Assigned to Events. View my Events Calendar. The "View My Events Calendar" task for Compliance Program Coordinators does not provide a link from events details to answer or review any questionnaires that might be attached to assigned events. The workaround is for Program Coordinators to use one of the other "My... Events" tasks to access assigned questionnaires.(APP-1667)
- Contracts and Compliance Programs with Cost records. Deleting. You must first delete all assigned cost records associated with a contract or program or requirement or term before you can delete the coordinating record. (APP-2276)
Waste known limitations
- Hazardous Waste Accumulation report. The application stores and displays the hazardous waste accumulation volume limit application parameter value in units of US Gallons. Users must take care to convert any other volume limit parameter into gallons if they adjust the application parameter controlling this. In any case, the application does automatically and correctly convert the accumulated waste quantity to compare against this standard, no matter what units the waste had been recorded in.(APP-5470)
- Waste Container Labels. The application generates formatted label documents for selected waste records. The web pop-up dialogue that shows the results of the document creation has a bug limiting the display of outputted documents to 4 records. However, the application does still produce label documents for all the selected records as distinct files, named according to the waste record id number and saved to the .../WebCentral/schema/per-site/pdf-forms/[username] folder. (APP-5241)
Energy known limitations
- Prorating bill. Duplicate bills. If you happen to enter duplicate bills for the same building and vendor with overlapping dates of service, and then attempt to auto-generate prorated bills, the application may encounter a duplicate primary key error when trying to generate one or more of the bill records. This is because the resulting time periods will be the same, and the proration action will fail. (APP-5242, AD-924)
- Configure Bill Processing. Excluded Bill Types. Archived bills. The Configure Bill Processing view allows users to choose to exclude certain bill types from the application's rules requiring bills to be archived in contiguous, ordered, monthly series. However, if an unusual situation occurs wherein a vendor account's utility bill type should change after some bills have already been archived, then the application will ignore a request to exclude the new bill type for new incoming bills for that vendor account. A work-around is to exclude both the old and new utility bill types from the monthly bill test. (APP-1855)
- Process BAS Data view. The Web Central core does not yet support grid indexes on dates fields or on calculated fields. For example, if you create an index on a date field having the value 2014-01-01, the value first shows as ‘2 – All.’ If you click the ‘2’ option, the value changes to ‘20’; click the ‘20’ and it's transformed to ‘201’; click the ‘201’ and it’s transformed to ‘2014’; click again, and it’s transformed to ‘2014….’ This issue appears in the right “Clean num” panel in Energy Management's Process BAS Data view. (WC-3108)
- View Prorated and Aggregated Bills. In rare cases, when the sum of aggregated bills exceeds a value 1000000 in the chosen display units, the application will present an alert message stating that the value of the calculated field exceeds the field's maximum. In this view, the user may safely dismiss this message and proceed to view the bill record. (APP-5270)
Condition Assessment known limitations
- Manage Condition Assessment Items. Open in a new tab.From the Navigator, if you select the Projects / Condition Assessment / Assessment Manager / Manage Condition Assessment Items view and opt to load it in a new tab, you will receive an error message. As a workaround, do not open it in a new tab and it will properly load. (AD-3026)
Projects known limitations
- Projects. Importing from Microsoft Project From the Projects / Execute / Procure task /Import tab you can import an *.xml file from Microsoft Project. Depending on your version of Microsoft Project, you may need to choose to “Open as a new project." Otherwise, you may encounter errors with the predecessors values if you decide to append the data or merge the data. (3011985)
- View Projects Map. In the Project Map, in order to see action items by room, you must associate your action items with a room in the Extension for AutoCAD and then publish the asset data to enterprise graphics. To display action items in the Projects Map:
- Start the Extension and open the Archibus project and drawing for the action items you wish to display in the Projects Map.
- Use the Set Asset Layer command to change the current layer to activity_log / Action Items.
- Draw a polyline inside the room asset symbol for the action item. For example, draw a rectangular polyline inside the boundaries of room 107 to associate the action item with that room.
- Select the Archibus Attach to Record command and select the polyline you just created.
- In the Attach to Record dialog, select the Action Item you wish to display in the Projects Map and click OK.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each room and action item you wish to map.
- Save the drawing and run Publish Enterprise Graphics
- Copy the enterprise graphics to your project (e.g. to projects\hq\enterprise-graphics\).
Asset attributes. Numeric values. Separators. When entering numerical values for an asset attribute (ex. Quantity) do not enter a numeric separator such as a comma. If a comma is entered in the asset attribute value as a numeric separator, the connector framework will not know how to process the comma and the data transfer to BUILDER SMS will fail. (APP-5603)
Outbound Connector. Condition Assessment items. The master outbound connector SMS_ARCHIBUS_BUILDER_Inspect exports all condition assessment items for a given section with date assessed in the past 90 days or within the number of days from current date set in the application parameter
AbCapitalPlanningCA-BUILDER_InspectionDate_NewerThanand not only the most recent condition assessment record for the that section and for that time interval. (APP- 4090)
- Inbound Connectors. Number of buildings. Sites do not record number of buildings transferred in from BUILDERTM SMS for the specific site. (APP-2401)
- Inbound Connectors. Sections. Sections measured in pieces with quantity higher than 1 will not be split into multiple pieces of equipment when imported into Archibus. When transferring sections from BUILDERTM SMS measured in pieces and that have a quantity larger than one, Archibus does not create multiple pieces of equipment. It creates only one piece of equipment with the corresponding value for the quantity attribute. (APP-2138)
Outbound Connectors. Organizations and sites. For new organizations and new sites transferred from Archibus to BUILDERTM SMS, the OUTBOUND connectors do not set values to these BUILDERTM SMS fields:
BUILDERTM SMS displays new organizations as new sites transferred from Archibus to BUILDERTM SMS, even without setting values to the above fields. BUILDERTM SMS users can enter the values for these fields using the BUILDERTM SMS interface. Running the OUTBOUND master connector a second time will not affect the values entered by BUILDERTM SMS users for these fields. (APP-3215)
The following limitations will be corrected in a future release or update.
Lease Classification Wizard. Amortization Schedule not Updated. If you change the recurrence period of a lease from monthly to yearly after working through the Step 1 and Step 2 tabs and before approving, the amortization schedule does not reflect the period change. As a workaround, you can use the
BasicRules_ClearLeaseClassification.javarule to clear the classification, and then re-classify the lease.(APP-3701)
Lease Classification Wizard. Remaining Life question. If you change your response to the question “Does lease term exceed 75% asset’s remaining life?” from Yes to No, the Wizard does not update the Lease Classification to "Operating" until you restart the Wizard. (APP-3795)
- Lease Classification Wizard. Fair Market Value field. If you change the Fair Market Value field in Step 2 to a value that would result in changing the Lease Classification to "Operating," the Wizard does not update the classification to Operating until after you restart the Wizard. (APP-3808)
- Lease Classification Wizard. Short-term leases. Short-term leases and leases beneath the capitalization threshold currently are not classified with the FASB/IASB Classification status of Executory Contracts. As such they end up with amortization records and there is no option to approve them. (APP-3802)
- Lease Classification Wizard. Information buttons. Some of the Wizard's "i" buttons (such as Residual Value, Rate Implicit in Lease, and Depreciation Period) are missing explanations. (APP-3402)
- Generate Subledger Entries for Leases. At Payment Date for Fiscal Period field. The entry for "At Payment Date for Fiscal Period"can appear out of sequence depending on if the payment date is at the beginning or the end of the period. (APP-3759)
- Lease Classification Analysis Console. Lease Payment and Initial Lease Liability Out of Date. The Lease Classification Analysis Console and Lease Classification Details form are presenting values for Lease Payment and Initial Lease Liability that are out of date and do not reflect the classification. The views are obtaining these values from fields in the Leases table (
ls.initial_lease_liability), which are not updated by the classification process. The views should be consulting the Amortization Schedule table. (APP-3853)
- Quantitative Disclosure report. Previous years. The report only shows data for years 2017 and 2018. If you want to see data for other years you must modify the Start Date and End Date values in \schema\ab-products\rplm\ls-admin\fasb\reports\ab-rplm-fasb-quantitative-disclosures.js. (APP-3796)
- Insert link in email body has restrictions.
- Reserved Words. Archibus does not support field names with reserved words. For example, adding the field "alter" to the table bl, causes the Archibus application server to fail to start when attempting to restart it. Therefore, the INBOUND use case of importing data into an Archibus table that has a field named with a reserved word is not supported. The OUTBOUND use case of exporting data to a remote system like BUILDER SMS that has a database field that uses a reserved word (ex. order) is supported. (APP-3975)(APP-4769)
EDI example. The example file provided for the EDI connector in the HQ project demonstrates Web Central’s ability to process EDI data formats, but only addresses the bill table. Since the example lacks a bill_lines connector definition and a bill connector association, it is not possible to fully load a complete utility bill using the EDI connector example. In the future, we plan to make a new example that is more realistic available for download. (3047882)
Backslash character. In some environments entering
\\in connector field parameters or connector parameters may result in the
\\being saved as
\. As a workaround, for a field enter
\\every time you save the field. For connector parameters, avoid use of
\\; or, use
\\\\and fix configuration in post process. (3045250, 3047842)
- Saving. Saving a connector won’t display the standard “Record Successfully Saved” banner.(3045250)