Archibus SaaS / Assets / Background Data - IT
Assets / Asset Portal / Background Data
Assets / Assets / Background Data - IT
Assets / Enterprise Assets / Background Data - IT
Assets / Telecom Assets / Background Data - IT
Define Port Standards
Define port standards to document the types of ports used in your telecom network.
To define a new port standard:
- Select Define Port Standards task from a path listed at the top of this topic.
The Define Port Standards view opens.
- Click Add New above the list of port standards.
- In the right pane, enter data to define a new port standard.
Field Purpose Port Standard
Enter a unique value to identify this port standard. Each standard corresponds to a particular type of port. The sample database contains these port standards:
- AUI-PORT-A is an AUI Hub Port
- AUI-PORT-S is an AUI Switch Port
- STD-PORT-A is a Standard Hub Port
- STD-PORT-E is a Standard Ethernet Port
- STD-PORT-R is a Standard Router Port
- STD-PORT-S is a Standard Switch Port
The port standard is a required entry.
Connector Type Enter the connector type, such as RJ45 or IBM. Port Standard Description
Briefly describe the port standard, as in the list of standards above. The description might also specify whether the standard applies to a patch panel port or an equipment port.
- Click Save to save the new port standard.
The new port standard appears in the Port Standards list.