Archibus SaaS / Assets / IT Asset Manager / Telecom Console
Assets / Assets / IT Asset Manager / Telecom Console
Assets / Enterprise Assets / IT Asset Manager / Telecom Console
Assets / Telecom Assets / Telecom Management / Telecom Console
Automatically Create Jacks for Faceplates
This requires that you first define a numbering convention and other information by working with these tasks:
To automatically create jacks for faceplates:
- Access the Faceplates & Jacks tab in the Telecom Console's left pane.
- Check the box for the desired faceplate in the tab's left column.
Any jacks already assigned to the selected faceplate appear below the list of faceplates.
- Click Create Jacks for Faceplates, located above the list of faceplates.
- The system generates the jack records and numbers them according to the configuration you specified. The system displays a message confirming the system has created jacks for the selected faceplate, according to the defined faceplate standard and jack configuration.
- To see the generated jacks listed on the form, you must reselect the faceplate.
- The system notifies you if jacks have already been created according to the defined standard and configuration, or if it does not have the necessary configuration and standard information.